Interra is presently seeking a motivated entry to mid-level professional to join the ranks of its team as a Commercial Trainee.
This role is part of a 12-18 month training program called the Interra Commercial Trainee Program (ICTP). The ICTP provides participants with an immersive experience within Interra’s Operations Department, where they learn essential functions of areas such as of Global Trade Compliance and Documentation, Global Logistics, and Risk Management. Progression through the program is dependent upon the participant’s successful completion of established learning and development milestones and performance measures. After 12-18 months of employment, and successful completion of the program, participants are eligible for placement in an Associate Sales Manager position based on business need.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You will be directed to our iSolved HR site to view a full job description and have the option to apply.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of this program participants will:
- Develop and hone understanding of international shipping and transportation terminology, as well as international trade compliance regulations
- Learn about and understand the Interra System of Business
- Build proficiency in tasks related to successful operations management
- Develop and hone negotiation and problem solving skills
- Master understanding of the logistics process
- Understand Interra’s Risk Management policies and procedures
- Understand the movement and trade of food products around the globe
Commitment to Diversity
Interra International is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Every effort is made to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job related criteria. In addition, our personnel policies and practices - including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs - are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
At Interra, we have a strong commitment to enriching the overall well-being of our employees. As part of our commitment, Interra works diligently to offer and maintain competitive benefits to promote the good health of its employees and their families.
Interra provides a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Enhancement Seminars