The Manager, Operations is responsible for organizing and managing the daily functions of the operations department. The Manager, Operations is an expert in international logistics and shipping, supporting global logistics operations and ensuring seamless, on-time delivery of outbound and inbound product shipments. The Manager, Operations ensures trades are processed as requested per internal procedures, with a strong emphasis on maintaining the contract and staying within budget. The Manager, Operations is responsible for collaborating with other departments and outside vendors to ensure proper execution of trade.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA
You will be directed to our general employment contact form.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the day to day import/export activities to ensure problem shipments are addressed with customers, partners, international customs agencies, and/or carriers.
- Leads a team of Logistics Specialists to meet or exceed customer delivery schedule through the coordination for shipments via ocean, truck or rail to meet delivery dates.
- Negotiates rates as needed with contract carriers.
- Continuously reviews and analyzes current transportation and day-to-day processes for opportunities to improve quality and services; Proposes improvement projects.
- Meets with internal customers to identify opportunities and/or issues.
- Develops and strengthens relations with vendors.
- Compliance with all import/export and industry regulations.
Commitment to Diversity
Interra International is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Every effort is made to ensure that our policies regarding hiring, salary administration, promotion, and transfer are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job related criteria. In addition, our personnel policies and practices – including those relating to compensation, benefits, transfer, retention, termination, training, self-development opportunities, as well as social and recreational programs – are administered without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
At Interra, we have a strong commitment to enriching the overall well-being of our employees. As part of our commitment, Interra works diligently to offer and maintain competitive benefits to promote the good health of its employees and their families.
Interra provides a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Enhancement Seminars